🗓️ March 3, 2016
🔗 Via Apple
SUPPORTING APPLE THROUGH AMICUS BRIEFS:
As listed on a Press Info page on Apple’s site, Amicus Briefs supporting Apple’s stance on this issue.
In no particular order, these companies and groups are in support of Apple’s stance of not creating software to bypass security for government use.
- A group of law professors
- Automattic (Wordpress parent company)
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
- Consumer Technology Association
- Access Now
- The App Association
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
And, expected later today (the deadline is 11:59 PM on March 3, 2016)
- Nest Labs
- Mozilla Foundation
Seems like Apple’s in good company, here.
This, coupled with the FBI’s disastrous (in my opinion) showing in the congressional hearings, make it seem like privacy may actually win this fight.
All of the “expected” entities above have signed on, as well as:
- Center for Democracy & Technology
- Privacy International
- Human Rights Watch
- AVG Technologies
- Data Foundry
- Golden Frog
- Computer & Communications Industry Association
- Internet Infrastructure Coalition