🗓️ February 24, 2021
I skipped last week’s update because, honestly, it would have been pretty boring. The week was mostly dormant in the kitchen, except for a lot of drywall finishing on the walls. I can get drywall looking good, but I’m slow. Like painfully slow. Plus, the third coat of joint compound doesn’t really make for a compellng photo.
Here’s what’s happenened since the last update…
- Got the rest of the wall taken out and the microwave moved to the new location.
- Had the gas line moved, and the oven is now in it’s new location. This really opened up the space!
- Got the drywall finished and the texture sprayed. Primed and painted the first coat of paint. It looks great.
- Started the coffered beadboard ceiling. I got 5 of the 8 panels done, then my toddler started getting a little cranky about the nail guns, so I stopped. I’ll try to finish the ceiling up this week in small bursts.
- Hooked up and tested all the low voltage wiring going to the cabinet lighting.
The Cabinet Lighting Bus Bar
So Many Wires
The Coffered Ceiling
As a reminder, this is what things looked like last week:
What A Mess!
And here’s where we are now:
It’s Coming Along Nicely!
The rest of this week is pretty busy at work, so I don’t expect to get much done before the weekend. I may get the last couple ceiling panels up, but that’s it. This weekend will be a lot of work on the floor, and we’ll be placing the order for the cabinets (hopefully!)